ReFIBE wipes provide a sustainable solution for critical environments without jeopardizing quality or performance. Each wipe is constructed from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles ( approx 7 per pouch) that have gone through a rigorous cleaning process before being converted to polyester chip. The chip is extruded and spun in a traditional yarn manufacturing process before being knitted into fabric. This fabric is converted and laundered exactly the same as Contec’s standard polyester heatsealed wipes.
ReFIBE wipes are subject to the same quality and process control protocols as our virgin polyester products, eliminating the fear of compromising quality for sustainability.
PROSAT ReFIBE presaturated wipes are manufactured from 124g/m2 100% knitted polyester that is laser-cut to bond the fibres at the edges of the wipe and saturated with 70% IPA and deionised water. Laser cutting seals the fibres at the edge of the wipe, reducing particle and fibre generation. The wipes are cleanroom laundered and packed. Knitted polyester is chemically resistant and exceptionally low in particles and extractable residue making it ideal for critical environments.
The wipes are provided in convenient and easy-to-use peel and reseal pouches. The resealable pouches preserve solvent saturation and cleanliness.
When used as a disinfectant, the IPA wipes are efficacious against bacteria in 1 min and yeasts in 3 mins. PROSAT Sterile Polynit Heatseal wipes are authorised for sale in the EU and United Kingdom under the EU and GB Biocidal Products Regulation. (Contec IPA wipes : EU 0020460 0002 1-2).
Also available sterile.
How is a wipe made from recycled materials?
Post consumer bottles are collected
Bottles are chopped into flake and cleaned
Bottle flake is melted, filtered and formed into chip
Chip is melted and made into yarn
Yarn is knitted into ReFIBE Wipes
Features & Benefits
Need more info?
- Made from recycled plastic bottles diverting waste from landfill
- 100% synthetic polyester making them low in extractables and compatible with a wide variety of solvents
- Low in particles and fibres lowering the risk of contamination during use
- Laser cut edge to be suitable for ISO 3 and higher
- Small number of wipes per resealable pouch helps eliminates waste
- Presaturated wipe reduces VOC emissions and solvent use
- Resealable pouch preserves cleanliness and solvent saturation levels